The Computational and Spatial Analysis (CSA) core provides research support services at all stages of the funded research cycle. Researchers are able to select from a wide variety of services that suit their specific needs ranging from utilizing only a single service to having a core member on the project team for the entire duration of the project. Researchers can draw upon the extensive depth and breadth of the CSA core’s talents and experiences to:
- design and implement data collection instruments;
- acquire and disseminate data;
- clean and construct complex data files using primary and secondary data;
- provide statistical and spatial analyses; and
- manage, document, and archive project files.
Contact the CSA core at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs and to learn how we can support your project.
GIS and Spatial Analysis
The CSA core can help you to incorporate geographic information into your research in creative and cutting-edge ways. The CSA core staff specializes in spatial statistics, advanced spatial analysis, exploratory spatial data analysis, spatial econometrics, and customized programming for geographic information systems (GIS). The CSA core also provides an online, interactive WebGIS and will support innovative research using mobile technology in the collection of spatial and social media data.
Contact the CSA core at email@example.com to discuss how the CSA core can help you with your GIS and Spatial Analysis.
The CSA core can help you with your data management needs from pre-proposal planning through dissemination and archiving. The CSA core staff has extensive experience:
- working with a variety of publicly-available datasets;
- developing primary data collection systems;
- working with highly-sensitive, restricted data; and
- managing restricted data contracts and usage agreements.
Contact the CSA core at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how the CSA core can help you with your Data Management.
Programming and Statistical Support
The CSA core provides programming support, statistical expertise, and software packages for population research. From developing project websites to implementing complex statistical analyses of your research data, the CSA core offers experienced, professional programmers to support your project. We can provide support for short-term needs or long-term, multi-year research programs.
Contact the CSA core at email@example.com to discuss how the CSA core can help you with your Programming and Statistical Support needs.
The CSA core also promotes innovative population research using cutting-edge technologies and methodologies. This includes:
- the integration and analysis of large spatial, historical, individual, and contextual datasets and the use of “Big Data”;
- social networks and complex systems analysis;
- geo-tagged social media data collection and analysis;
- population-engineering nexus modeling; and
- privacy-preserving methods.
Contact the CSA core at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would be interested in partnering with the CSA core in one of these Emerging Areas.